- Round 1: April 15, 2017
- Round 2: May 20, 2017
- Round 3: June 17, 2017
- Round 4: July 15, 2017
- Final Round: August 19, 2017
Event Pass Prizes – TBA
- There is no cost to enter!
- Each of the four (yes four!) qualifier dances (April 15th, May 20th, June 17th, and July 15th) are “Luck of the Draw” Jack & Jill contests. This means your partner will be randomly determined. These qualifier Jack & Jill contests are open to competitors of Newcomer/Novice through Advanced WSDC levels only; (See Point Registry PDF for more information). Please note that dancers that have enough World Swing Dance Council points to compete in All Star competitions, but have no All Star points, are eligible to compete in Capital Swing Dancers’ Progressive Jack & Jill competition.
- The top three placing couples at each qualifier will be contest finalists and thus eligible to compete in the Progressive Jack & Jill Finals that occur at the August 19th dance. Note that partners at the August 19th Finals will again be randomly determined (i.e., “Luck of the Draw”).
- To make sure that the contest at the August 19th Finals is balanced (with the same number of leads and follows), we will also keep track of the competitors that place 4th and 5th at each qualifier Jack & Jill contest. These competitors will make up the alternate list. If we do end up inviting some of our alternates to dance in the August 19th Finals, we will invite 4th place alternates first in the order that they qualified, April, May, June and then July. Then, we will invite the 5th place alternates, again in the order that they qualified. We will only invite alternates as needed to balance the Finals, but we reserve the right to invite additional alternates to try to have an August 19th Finals that is at least 12 couples.
Qualifier Jack & Jill Prizes
- The 1st place Lead and the 1st place Follow at each qualifier Jack & Jill contest (April 15th, May 20th, June 17th, and July 15th) will win a pass to a CSD monthly dance. These passes are non-transferable.
- Couples placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd at the qualifiers win a spot in the August 19th Finals.
- 2nd place and 3rd place finalists are eligible to compete in future qualifiers in order to try to win the dance pass prize to a CSD monthly dance that the 1st place finalists win. 1st place finalists are not eligible to compete in future qualifiers.
- At the April Progressive J&J qualifier, the 1st through 3rd place couples will qualify for the August 19th Finals.
- The 1st place couple will win passes to a CSD monthly dance; they are not eligible to compete in the May 20th, June 17th, and July 15th qualifiers.
- The 2nd place and 3rd place couples are eligible to compete in future qualifiers, unless or until they place 1st.
Finals Jack & Jill Prizes
- For the Finals, we will have event pass prizes for all the couples with 1st through 5th placements. These passes are non-transferable.
- The 1st place winners will each get to select an event pass first, then the 2nd place winners will each get to select an event pass, and so on through the couple that placed 5th. Note that leads and follows do not need to select an event pass to the same event.
- In the event there are more than 5 sets of passes donated, the selection process will begin again starting with 1st place.
Questions about the Contest?
Please email Debbie Carpenter, the Capital Swing Dancers Activities Chairperson.
2017 Qualifier Results
FINALISTS (in order of qualifying)
|1||April (1st)||Annisa Upton||Annie Lockmiller|
|2||April (2nd)||Mark Holcomb||Connie Wang|
|3||April (3rd)||Jacob Hunter||Kendall Block|
*Previously qualified as finalist. This may open space for an alternate.
ALTERNATES (in order of qualifying)
|1||April(4th)||John Koster||Tuttles Down|
|5||April (5th)||Gabe Munoz||Pattie Zielke|
**Qualified as a finalist at later month’s contest. This may open up room for an alternate.
***Previously qualified as an alternate.
Winners of the 2016 Progressive Jack & Jill
|1st||Ray Byun||Amber O’Connell|
|2nd||Chris Low||Chelsea Palmer|
|3rd||Rob Brown||Bonnie Andrade|
|4th||Jonah Deitz||Susan Brown|
|5th||Matthew Taylor||Chanel Decker|
Winners of the 2015 Progressive Jack & Jill
|1st||Chris Mendoza||Susan Brown|
|2nd||Cory Bowdach||Glenda Smith|
|3rd||Chih-Ling Han||Michelle Crozier|
|4th||Rob Brown||Alaina Yee|
|5th||Gabriel Munoz||Connie Wang|
Winners of the 2014 Progressive Jack & Jill
|1st||Gabriel Munoz||Susan Brown|
|2nd||Dmitry Lapidus||Glenda Smith|
|3rd||Jonah Deitz||Alaina Yee|
|4th||Martin Brown||Celine Pettyjohn|
|5th||Gerentt Chan||Theresa McGarry|